All in all, it's been an awesome semester. For one thing, it's fall and the leaves are changing colors! Does it get much better than that? Not that I know of. It's beautiful and makes me so happy! Now if I can just take away the impending below-freezing, awful temperatures, it'd be perfect. I'm pretty sure in Heaven it will be like fall all the time, except without the freezingness (Freezingness... hmm that's definitely a new word).
But anyway...
It's also been awesome in the sense that the Lord has been revealing himself to me a such a new way, revealing things to me that He's never revealed to me before. One of the ultimate things the Lord has been frequently and consistently reminding me of is the importance of loving people. Simple and obvious I know, but, as I'm sure some of you know, it can be a struggle at times... as sad as that is. The quote (I can't remember where I heard it) comes to mind, "You can't be wrong with people and right with God at the same time." God loves people and I need to love them too, even people who may be particularly... difficult (I'm sure someone out there knows what I mean!). I've learned that God reveals Himself through people. Although people are (very) far from perfect, God shows characteristics of Himself in various ways though the people around me. In addition, I've learned that I can't make a difference in people's lives if I simply avoid the particularly challenging people in my life. They are in my life for a reason too. There is a particular situation going on that I am referring to, but I can't really be specific on my blog since I don't really know who reads it.
The semester has also been awesome in the sense that I have gotten to be apart of the track team this year - a totally new experience for this previously homeschooled girl! It's been a challenge yes, but a welcoming challenge for sure. I now have track practice every single afternoon, something that has made my schedule all the more busy and full. It has been fun however. Throughout the past few weeks, I've gained endurance as well as speed, which is so exciting! I start running in track meets in January and I plan to run the mile and the 5K events. :)
Speaking of busyness factors... I'm still dating David and it has been wonderful. I am very blessed. :)
But anyway, that's my semester in a nutshell. I do miss posting on my blog, but I definitely won't pretend that I'll post again anytime soon. So... I'll drop in again over Christmas break... perhaps. :) Regardless, I hope and pray all of you reading this are doing well and continue to do well! Have an amazing Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Kelsey/Zoe

1 comment:
I miss you posting too! But I understand that things are busy. Especially with your schedule!!!
Post a Comment