Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Life Worth Dying For

"I have one life to live and all I have to give to You is love." 
~Misty Edwards

I realize this morning just how valuable my life is. It's not something to be taken for granted. After all, the price for my life was the life of the Son of the Living God! Wow. Being a Christian my entire life, I have always known this. However, this morning it hit me greater than it ever has before. I realized that my one life that Jesus had to die for is the only life I have. I don't get to do it over. It's my decision as to what I do with it and how I spend my time. I have the option to waste it away doing things that will never count toward eternity, that will count as nothing for the kingdom of God, or to do everything I can, working hard at everything my hands find to do. The more I thought about this, the more I realized how often I fall short. My life is so far from being perfect. My heart broke as I realized that on my own I can never live a life worth the price payed for it. But then I remembered...

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

His grace will cover me in my weaknesses. I don't have to be sufficient on my own, in fact I can't be sufficient on my own. However, He is here to strengthen me and help me. I long to live to be everything He has planned for me. I long to love Him the way I am loved, which means I have to die to myself - to the flesh - so His spirit can have free reign. I pray that He will continually give me the grace and strength to love Him rightly - the grace and strength to live a life worth dying for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...