Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blink

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away
Take in all the colors
Before they fade to grey

I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this

It happens in a blink it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?

It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink

When it's all said and done
No one remembers
How far we have run
The only thing that matters
Is how we have loved

I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this

It happens in a blink it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?

~Blink by Revive

I love this song! Every time I listen to this song I am reminded to live life to it's fullest because it is short. I know I have posted about this before, but when I say "fullest", I am not talking about the world's definition of fullness, I am talking about God's definition. When I think of living life to it's fullest, I see myself falling more and more in love with Jesus, doing everything I can for the sake of God's glory and fame, diving into every opportunity placed before me with all my might, selflessly serving and loving others, and completely dying to myself and living for God. After all, God created me for Him and I hope and pray I can live that calling to it's fullest.

"Above all else I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it." ~ Elizabeth Elliot

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. ~ Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...