Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Lord Revealing His Plans

Today was Bible study. The lesson was on God revealing His plans for us. It was an excellent confirmation of what I had already felt the Lord showing me regarding my college plans. The speaker (Priscilla Shirer) explained how God will often use the plans we have for our lives to reveal to us to His plan. She gave several examples of this.

The first example she gave was one from her own life. She went to college to major in news reporting (or something like that). She aspired to speak on TV... and she did. But it wasn't in the way she planned. Instead of speaking on TV for a career, the Lord led her into women's ministry. As she spoke to crowds of women, she saw the cameras in the back of the room and felt the Lord telling her that her plans to speak on TV were only preparation for His ultimate plan for her, even though she didn't know it at the time.

In the Bible we see similar examples. The Lord showed me awhile back that when God called Peter and Andrew to follow Him, he used their previous occupation to reveal what He wanted them to do. They were fishermen - God made them fishers of men.

Similarly, we see in Exodus 3 that, when God called Moses to return to Egypt and guide His people, Moses was a shepherd leading his sheep. Little did Moses know that he would one day be leading an entire nation to the very mountain where he was once leading sheep.

All of these examples really spoke to me because it reminded me that, regardless of my major, regardless of what school I go to, He will use me in whatever situation I am in. He is preparing me for His ultimate plan, even if I don't see it right now. Just because I am getting and environmental/journalism degree doesn't mean I will have to forfeit my dreams of going into ministry. The Lord is preparing me for whatever He has in store for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...