"I have said for years now that the church in general needs much greater revelation in the things of God. This is true. But a greater need is for the church to walk in obedience to that which is already revealed. Many people stop the flow of the true revelation of the things of God by not walking in them."
~ Ron Miller, The Covenant of Salt (pg. 175)
I had honestly never thought about this before, but it is so true. How often do we pray for God to reveal specific things to us when we still haven't fully walked out the things He has already showed us? I think sometimes He stops showing us new things because we haven't used what He has already given us or obeyed what He already commanded of us.
It's so easy to read a very simple and straightforward command in the Bible and hardly even give it even any notice while we pray for God to show us what He wants us to be doing. I know I do it. Sure, we know about fasting, we know about prayer, we know about taking every thought captive but do we actually do it? Knowledge isn't enough. In fact...
"Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."
~ James 4:17
"For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them."
~ 2 Peter 2:21
No comments:
Post a Comment