If college has done one thing to me, it has totally ruined my sleeping habits. But I guess most college students can testify to that. I think my parents thought I died when I slept in until 11:00 the other day. At college I generally stay up late and the wake up at 6 am the next morning for class... running on very few hours of sleep. But then I attempt to make up for it by sleeping in until nearly noon on Saturdays. It sounds crazy, but somehow it works.
Except for one day during finals week...
It was a Sunday night and I had a calculus final the following morning at 10 am. After studying a couple of hours, I decided I would go to bed early so I could wake up early and study the morning of the test. Brilliant right?
Only if you set your alarm.
For some reason I completely forgot to set my alarm and told my roommate that I would get up when she got up for her 8 am final. That would give me two hours to study before my final at 10.
Well... Let's just say, this crazy person didn't hear her roommate wake up for her 8 am final and didn't wake up until 9:50 - ten minutes before the test. I freaked out, jumped out of bed, and ran out the door. Didn't do a bit of primping or anything.
I made it to the room where the final was supposed to be, only to see a sign on the door saying the test had been moved to another building. So... I ran to the other building and made it to my seat just in time to take the test.
Isn't that crazy? I'd always seen that happen to people in movies, but who woulda thunk it'd happen to me?
5 comments:
Well...
...at least you can laugh about it now...right?
My thoughts exactly. I thought I was about to die of a heart attack the moment I saw the time and my heart was pounding like crazy as I ran to my test. But it's all good now that I can laugh about it... lol
That's a nightmare--calculus finals are scary enough! I always opt for staying up late instead--I can't trust myself to actually study in the morning. :P
Haha!
That reminds me of my SAT. I got lost on the way there - really lost. I ended up right back where I started! I finally got there about 20 minutes late. Fortunately they hadn't started yet! I ran straight from the car to my seat and started :lol:
Marian: I usually do the same thing! Not sure what I was thinking that day...
Mac: Oh wow, that sounds so stressful. I would go crazy.
Post a Comment