Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Running

One of the things I love about running is how it is a perfect analogy of the Christian life. I am reminded nearly every time I run how the dedication and determination I give to running is identical to the dedication and determination I should commit to my spiritual walk. As a runner, I tend to alter the foods I eat, when I eat, and even what I do with my free time. It affects nearly every part of my life in some way.

I thought of this verse this morning and how it states that an athlete exercises self control in all things. My goal to receive an imperishable prize should also affect and consume every other aspecr  

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
~ 1 Corinthians 9:24-27


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...