So... I had this idea in my mind that summer would be less busy and I would actually have time to post. Not so. However, I am totally okay with that. I finished up the semester as strongly as I could, by the grace of God. I beat my personal record in the 5K twice (my current best time is 20.30!), and I managed to do fairly decent in all of my math and physics courses.
Now I am actually in California with David and his family. I've been here for over a month now and still have three weeks left. It has been one of the most fun summers I have ever had and I know I will never forget it. Over the past month I have spent a week at the beach, worked up to running 40 miles per week (there are so many fantastic running trails here!), joined the worship team at church, and gotten a job as a nanny to two adorable little girls three days per week. I love every minute of it and I can't say I am ready to go home. At all. But I know my family misses me. And I miss them too. But it doesn't make it any easier. It is so hard having two places on opposite sides of the country that I want to be, but I know I am extremely blessed.
The summer has absolutely flown by so far. I can hardly believe that it is already the middle of June and I go back to school in two months. It is sad in a way because I will be returning to school for the last time and part of me is not at all ready for this season of life to end. But, at the same time, I am indescribably excited to move on with life and be finished with school (hooray!).
Well, that's about all I have to say. I suppose I better end here. Maybe you'll here from me again sometime.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment