Life in France was a bit on the busy side. Saturday we volunteered at a food pantry, which was definitely one of my favorite events of the trip so far as far as ministry goes. It was a bit stressful and hectic, considering that everyone in charge spoke French with very little to no English. It was interesting, let me tell you. But we all managed and ended up having a good time. I also loved the fact that I felt like we were actually directly helping people in this case, compared to some of the other ministry activities on this trip. So, all in all, it was a great experience.
That evening we went to a mall to go shopping. I managed to leave without buying a single thing other than a little bit of chocolate, despite the ridiculous temptation to buy basically everything (almost).
Side note: One of the things I love about being here and particularly shopping here is seeing all the different styles. It looks like bright, neon colors are going to be the thing this summer, which I am stoked about. I almost bought a neon yellow, lightweight summer scarf as well as a neon pink shirt and some bright colored shoes, but decided I better take it easy or else I'm gonna be leaving some stuff behind when I head home. lol
On both Tuesday and Thursday morning, we had to be ready to go hand out fliers for an hour and a half at the train station by 7:15 (it was rough considering we didn't get breakfast or coffee first). It was pretty uneventful for the most part, other than a couple of the girls getting the fliers smacked out of their hands. I had one guy come up and start talking ninety to nothing to me in French. I was like, "uhhhh no Francais...." so he laughed and walked away.
We are on the flight home now - a reality I am overjoyed about. It has been a fun trip, but I'm anxious to get back to having my own space and schedule. Plus I am looking forward to having my normal roommate back as well as being free to eat whatever I want and running again. Not to mention it makes me very happy to think that in just a few hours I can hug David. :) And then my grandparents come visit me next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment