Sunday, August 18, 2013

Senior Year

Well, in four days I finally head back to college for my senior year. I can't believe how quickly the past two years have flown by! It's mind boggling really. But nevertheless I am super excited to see what this final year of college has in store for me, not to mention what the Lord has planned for me after graduation. On the one hand, it's incredibly frightening, but on the other hand it's pretty exciting! I know God has it all under control.

This next semester I am going to be living in a different dorm than I did the last two years, which I am super pumped about. I also will have my very own room and have two of my best friends at college as my suitemates. It doesn't get much better than that as far as dorm-living goes.

In addition to that, I am going to be running on both the cross country and indoor and outdoor track teams! I'm pretty excited about that too. I have been running hard all summer and, just last week, reached 60 miles in one week! It was crazy exhausting, but I felt accomplished after it was all said and done. I also ran my longest run without stopping - 13 miles! It felt so awful and so wonderful all at the same time.

This semester I will be taking Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Linear Algebra, C++, and Pentecost. To quote Edith from Despicable Me 2 (amazing movie, by the way!), "Can I be the first to say..... 'EW!'?"

There are so many things to think about, plan, and prepare for this year - things that will affect my entire future for the rest of my life. It's crazy! But it's going to be an adventure for sure. Sometimes it's hard to remember that even when everything is up in the air and unknown, God is still in control of everything. I worry too much, but thankfully Jesus still loves me and reminds me that he's got all the unknowns planned out already. Thank you Jesus for always being in control.


2 comments:

Marian said...

Sounds like a busy schedule - hope it's a great year for you! It will be my senior year as well; time really flies. I try to keep up with some of the blogs that I first followed, and it's inspiring to read where everyone is now. :)

Violinist4Christ said...

I was wondering how your college experience was going! Congratulations on making it to your senior year. It'll be busy, but it's just exciting to see how God works in our weaknesses. Hope you have a wonderful year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...