Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fascinate Conference 2011!!!!!

It has been several days since I got home from International House of Prayer in Kansas City and I am finally getting around to posting about it. For a few days I was pretty much in denial that I was not there anymore. I have longed, and still long, to do a year-long track at IHOPU, so it is always so sad when I have to leave because I can think of nothing I'd rather do than stay. But, alas, my parents continually remind me that now is not that time. For now I must be content with their summer programs and commit myself to my studies during the school year.

But, enough rambling and feeling sorry for myself. I had an absolute blast, as I do every year! It was amazing! The speakers were incredible. From them I learned a ton and was convicted of so many things. My absolute favorite speaker this year (and the past years too, actually) was Lou Engle. I have never listened to him speak without being challenged. Last year he spoke on the Nazirites of Numbers 6 - a message which pretty much changed my life forever. This year he spoke on the set-apart, fasted lifestyle of Daniel and not compromising or suppressing the truth found in God's word - leading to the challenge to read the sermon on the mount once a week (as I mentioned a couple days ago).

One of my absolute favorite parts of Fascinate every year is the worship time. IHOP's conferences are one of the few places I've been to that actually sets aside an hour (sometimes longer) for complete focused, uninterrupted worship time. I love it! I am pretty sure I could do it every single day and it never get old. :)
Ah, it was incredible.

Unlike past years, this year they had small-group sessions twice a day. At first I didn't think I wanted to go, but, before I even realized what I was doing, I ended up walking over there and introducing myself to the group of about seven girls. To my surprise, I ended up falling in love with the group! My small-group leaders were such sweet, encouraging, mature girls who I connected with immediately. They shared some things with me that encouraged me more than they will ever know (more on this later). One of our leaders said she had a verse (Isaiah 43:1-2) that she felt the Lord wanted to encourage me with. She started reading it to me and I realized it was the very same verse the Lord had given me just a few days before. You might even remember, as I posted about it here.

But anyway, I have so much more to say (What? Not what you wanted to hear?), but I do not want to bore you all any more than I am sure I already have. Haha :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...