Sunday, July 10, 2011

Will He Not Protect that Which He Purchased With His Very Life?

I must admit that I have been discouraged and fearful of so many things lately. But, the Lord, who never leaves us or forsakes us in our weaknesses, comforted me with this verse...

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you."
~Isaiah 43:1-2 (ESV)

How easy it is to give ear to the lies of the enemy and allow fear to have a place in my thoughts and actions! Without realizing it, I forget that, regardless of my circumstances, He is always the same and will always love me.

He said to fear not. It wasn't a suggestion, it was a command, spoken with authority and power. He calls me by name and claims me as His own precious possession; because of that, there is absolutely no reason to fear. No matter where I go or what I do, even if the situation or circumstance seems impossible, He will always be with me. I will be tested, but I will not be overwhelmed, I will not be burned, I will not be consumed because of He who protects me.

Will He not protect that which He purchased with His very life?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...