Blog Post
Happy 2013 everyone! You're reading this, which means you survived the supposed 2012 apocalypse. Congratulations!
In addition, since you are reading this, you might possibly remember my last blog post titled "Last Post for Awhile...". Yeah? Well, I lied because here I am posting again without much of a time lapse between. Yay!
So, why am I posting? Well, it's a new year, which to me means a new year of exciting adventures and new experiences. I know most people make a list of New Years resolutions and such, but I've decided I'm not even going to bother because I probably won't stick to them anyhow (hey, at least I'm honest!). So, instead I will simply list the new experiences of last year and experiences I hope to have this year. So here it goes...
Last year...
1.) We rang in the new year at Disney World for the first, and hopefully the last, time. Why do I hope it's the last? Well, lets just say New Years at Disney World is insane and I don't recommend it unless you want to hang out with everyone, their dog, cousin's cat, and neighbor's fish. And have to wait in line for three hours to ride a single ride.
2.) I visited IHOP (International House of Prayer) with a group of friends! We visited the prayer room and the prophecy rooms and then followed up the visit by eating at IHOP (International House of Pancakes). Such a fun day!
3.) I first started running and joined the track team. So far I love it, other than being super tired and sore all the time. I have had to do tons of 100 meter sprints and relays with the baton. I have also have had to do weight lifting and other types of workouts designed to improve running performance. But it's amazing how far I've come since then... From three miles in 28 minutes to three miles in 21 minutes. Also, eight miles in an hour!
4.) I started dating David. Nearly nine months now! :)
5.) I switched my major from Chemistry to Mathematics to Applied Mathematics (basically a double concentration in math and physics). The good news is, I don't plan to change it again!
6.) David took me to see Avengers opening night and I fell asleep during nearly the entire thing. Haha... True story.
7.) I learned to play guitar!
8.) I discovered that pasta is the most amazingly satisfying food after running. This is weird coming from the person who used to never ever eat pasta. Ever.
9.) I got to travel around with my family for a month and see the Great Sand Dunes, Arches National Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, and other cool places!
10.) I decided skinny jeans are my favorite thing to wear.
Next Year...
1.) I will go to Paris on a missions trip!
2.) I will run in my first track meets! The first one is the end of this month. So nervous!
3.) I will turn 20.
4.) I will figure out what on Earth (or not on Earth, considering astronomy is an option) I'm going to study in graduate school. At least I *better* figure it out soon since I graduate next spring!
5.) I will do something awesome this summer. What awesome thing am I going to do? That remains to be seen... =D
No comments:
Post a Comment