I realized that there is one thing I know for certain The Lord has been teaching me over the past couple months and wants to continue teaching me throughout this next semester.
Overcoming.
In the beginning of the book of Revelation, when John addresses each of the seven churches, he follows up each by saying "The one who overcomes will...." and then follows up with a blessing.
I realized that, when I get super stressed out and want to quit pursuing a ridiculously hard math and physics degree, God has called me to overcome. He has called me to overcome my laziness to want it to be easy. He has called me to overcome my weakness and inability to understand such difficult concepts. And He has called me to overcome the discouragement when I may not do as well as others. I will overcome everything that stands in my way because God has called me to this.
I also realized that, when I get frustrated and feel like I can't run any faster and can't run any further, that God has also called me to overcome in even something so small as that. Through running I have learned that, when preparing for a race, everything in your life is centered around succeeding at running this race - the way you spend your time, the way you eat, ect. Why? Because you are training your body to overcome weakness in order to finish strong and win the race. My body is capable - I just have to do everything I can to overcome. It's the same way in my spiritual walk.
In addition, I've realized that I am also called to overcome my own selfishness to be a witness and light to others around me. How easy it is to get caught up in my own little bubble that I hardly even give thought to those around me. Also, as sad as this sounds, I also need to overcome my own preconceived attitudes and ideas and be friendly and love even the people I honestly don't like.
The Lord showed me that one of the biggest things I need to overcome is preconceived notions, which are in a sense just lies of the enemy. They are ideas of what I think to be true that affect the way I think and act. In reality, they aren't true at all - just my own perception. Lord, give me clarity of mind and discernment. Help me to see and know the truth. Help me to see people the way You see them.
In order to overcome all these things in my life, I know I need to do several things. One, I need to stop being so selfish. Two, I need to see things the way God sees them - people as God sees them, me as God sees me, my schoolwork as God sees it. Three, I need to remember that all things are possible through Christ who gives me strength. Four, I need to remember that it doesn't matter what people say about me or think about me - its God's opinion that matters. And only His.
Lord, help me as I begin this next semester. Help this next semester to teach me how to overcome all the obstacles in my life that stand in the way of what You want me to do and who You want me to be. Give me strength. And, through it all, help me to have joy and peace - a positive attitude knowing that everything is for a divine purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment