Monday, March 4, 2013

Days 2 and 3 in Paris

So day two I woke up to my alarm going off, having had the best nights sleep I can remember ever having. I slept like a rock. We woke up and went to breakfast, which consisted of basically 100% bread - French bread, croissants, toast, ect. It was pretty great!

Church that morning was very interesting! As a greeter, I got to meet people from several different countries including Ireland, Holland, India, Germany, and Canada. It was really cool!

I helped work the welcome table and whenever someone came up and I asked if they had questions, I was secretly hoping they didn't ask me anything considering I was just as new as they were. lol Thankfully, no one asked me anything. I just got to say "Bonjour!" to everyone!

The weird thing was the French tradition to "kiss" each others cheeks. Hugging is apparently too intrusive. I had a couple people do that to me, so I kind of just had to roll with it. It was an interesting experience, let me tell you! You have to be alert and on your toes around here.

The church service was basically just like our church services back at home, which I found interesting. It was even in English, so French speakers had to use translating device things.

Day two was our sight seeing day, which was so much fun! We got to visit The Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Eiffel Tower! All of it was so awesome. Just the city in general was beautiful and just amazing in and of itself. I loved it!

1 comment:

Kaley said...

kissing is a thing here too. you get use to it. And I'm so glad you love it! It's a really cool city!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...