Saturday, March 2, 2013

Paris Day 1!

GUESS WHAT!?!? Yours truly finally saw the Northern Lights!! I was just about to doze off on the plane when it was announced over the speaker that the Northern Lights could be viewed out one side of the plane. I was personally so excited about this fact I about jumped out of my seat. The lame part was that I was in the center isle of the plane, which meant I could hardly see out. But I was still overjoyed with what little bit I could see.

Being the nerd that I am, I think I was the only one who was impressed, but that's alright.

After hours of unsuccessfully attempting to get comfortable enough to fall asleep, I finally managed to fall asleep for perhaps as long as an hour without waking up. Next thing I remember, sunlight was coming in through the airplane windows and I felt like I had just gotten hit by a truck. It was such a weird, gross, exhausting feeling.

When we got off the plane, guess what we found out? Our luggage hadn't arrived yet. Great, right!? Yeah...... Just fantastic. They say it should arrive tomorrow afternoon, which means we all get to go to church tomorrow in sweat pants. Thankfully I thought to throw a pair of jeans and an extra shirt in my carry-on bag.

A few observations I have made since arriving in Paris...

1.) Graffiti everywhere!
2.) People are crazy drivers here. Our ride from the airport to our hotel was terrifying! Instead of gradually slowing down as they approach something such as a stop light or another car, they just speed up and then stop suddenly right before reaching it.
3.) The apparent lack of taboo in regards to trash laying along the sides of the roads and places like that.
4.) The coffee is delicious.
5.) The houses are so tiny and cute!
6.) The cars are so tiny and cute (Kelsey-sized cars!)
7.) People are super quiet in public places compared to in the US. It's actually really nice because you don't have people trying to talk over each other, over loud music, or anything like that.

Tomorrow we will be assisting with an intercultural church on the outskirts of Paris. I am supposed to be a greeter for tomorrow, which I am actually super excited about because I am excited to get to see and meet so many different types of people.

Afterward we get to visit the Palace of Versailles! It's going to be a fun day.

2 comments:

Kaley said...

I'm so super jealous that you got to see the northern lights!!! that's awesome!!! and yes paris is dirty...

Kaley said...

i didn't get to go to versailles because we weren't in paris for very long but my mom said it was fantastic! i really wish i could have gone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...