As I type this, I am back in the home I feel like I haven't been to in forever. It has been wonderful, but I must say that coming home after all this time is among one of the strangest things I've ever experienced. I almost feel like a guest. Yet, at the same time, it still feels like home.
So far my fall break has been a lot of fun. My only regret is that it is going by far too fast. It is during times like this that I wish time would slow down and possibly even rewind a day. But, alas, that denies all laws of... just a everything. Oh well.
I can tell I have been far too removed from living in the country when the first thing I notice is that I can hear crickets outside. I didn't even realize that I can't hear them at school until now. The other thing I noticed was how brilliantly I can see the stars. They are so bright and the sky is so dark. Ah, I have missed it so much.
So what have I been doing? Well, last night my brother and I sat on the trampoline in the moonlight talking until nearly midnight. It was so nice to catch up on everything. This morning my mom and grandmother took me into town to go shopping and I got some cool new skirts (as if I needed more of those, right?). This afternoon one of my best friends drove to my house to see me, which was so awesome! We went on a long walk and caught up on life and talked about randomness and memories.
Tomorrow I get to go back to my home church. I am so excited to see everyone again. Our pastor told me over the phone this evening that he wants me to sing a solo in church tomorrow, so I have been looking on youtube trying to find a song to sing. Nothing like short notice, right? It is midnight and I just now found something.
Well, school has been crazy lately and time to type up posts are precious, but I hope to post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment