Today I was thinking about Hebrews 12:27-28 where it talks about God shaking everything that can be shaken. His kingdom is unshakable and only the unshakable will remain. I think about the passage in Matthew that talks about storing up treasures in Heaven, rather than treasures on Earth, because only Heavenly treasures will last forever.
I look around and realize how incredibly easy it is to get so swallowed up by the things going on around me at college that I forget that the things I worry about will never last forever. It's easy to get so caught up in the little things around me that I forget that God isn't concerned with those things.
I want so badly to hold onto only the things that last forever - the things that will remain when everything that can be shaken is shaken. I want to be unshakable - holding onto His Kingdom alone and counting everything else as loss in comparison.
God, give me the grace and strength I need to love you rightly.
No comments:
Post a Comment