Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Have Fish!

Since I last posted about life in general at college, I have accumulated four new pets and lost two of them (they died). A little over a week ago, the University I am attending hosted a wannabe country, hillbilly festival thing where they offered various games and contests to participate in.

At first I thought it would be boring and a couple of friends and I planned to leave early to go watch Winnie the Pooh (don't ask...). That was until one of my friends and I discovered that we had a chance to win goldfish by throwing ping-ping balls into little cups from a set distance. We were super excited!

After we each gave it a try and failed, we got another one of our friends to try to win one for us and he succeeded, which was awesome... until my friend and I realized that we had to decide which of us got to keep it. So my friend looked at the little inflatable jousting thing and said, "This. Is. War."

So we jousted over the fish and she won.

Sad day.

But, the good news is, I tried to win a fish again and had success! I was one happy girl. I'd never had a fish before, so it was kind of a big deal. (grins)


By the end of the night (or more like beginning of the morning), six of us had gone to Wal-Mart, split the cost of yet another fish, a fish bowl, fish food, and other things like that. So now we have a fish bowl with fish that we all share.


Cool, right? It's still not as awesome as a cat, but I guess I will take what I can get.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...