Tonight the relatives had a friend over for dinner and we all went outside afterward to talk, socialize, eat ice cream, and whatever. Off in the distance we could see a giant orange cloud of dirt in the sky. However, no one gave it extensive thought because it appeared to be, not only far away, but also traveling in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, out of nowhere it suddenly hit the area where we were sitting and we all made a mad dash for the house. It was one of the craziest things I had ever seen! The wind was so strong and so full of dirt and sand that, by the time we made it inside, I had dirt in my hair, mouth, eyes, and all over my skin. My phone also had a coating of the nasty, red dirt. I was pretty fascinated by the whole thing, I must say. But then again... I'm easily entertained.
Within 30 minutes the dust storm had passed and was replaced with hail and rain. Like my aunt said, if you don't like the weather here, just wait ten minutes.


1 comment:
I'm glad you got to experience a west texas dust storm!
Post a Comment