Saturday, June 30, 2012

Defined by His Word

My ultimate challenge over the course of the past few months has been attempting to find out what it truly means to walk in holiness. I watch people and I find myself taking notes of the way other Christians live their lives. I see things that that work and things that don't and wonder how it is possible to find the appropriate balance in life.

What does it mean to dress modestly? What does it mean to keep your eyes and ears pure? What does it mean to truly walk in love?

I was thinking today, as I continue to ride in the car and look out the window at the scenery, how easy it is to become so consumed with comparing our own spiritual walk's with that of other's. I do it all the time, forgetting that I am to be defined by one thing - the word of God. I'm called to love Him, obey His word, and listen to the Holy Spirit. I feel like holiness is a heart condition rather than simply the things we do or do not do. My heart should be fixed on God, rather than the actions of others.

He has been redefining so many things in my life lately. Things I always thought I understood, I am finding I really don't understand at all. Sometimes I really struggle to know what is truly from the Lord and what is from my flesh. Trying to reconcile it all is so confusing at times.

But the Lord gave me peace. During a day visit to IHOP (International House of Prayer) awhile back, someone I have never met told me something I will never forget. She said, "I just feel like the Lord wants you to know that He is doing a new and beautiful thing in your life - leaving no thing untouched. You've been living in a state of confusion lately, but He wants to give you peace and say 'Its okay!'" I knew in my spirit that the words were from the Lord because it confirmed what I had already felt He was trying to tell me all along.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...