Sunday, September 18, 2011

Random Happenings...

My fourth week of college has now come to an end and my fifth week has begun. In that time, so many things have happened. Time has flown by incredibly fast.

1.) I attended our school's first home football game. It was pretty fun at times, but mostly boring since I could care less about football. Unfortunately it was raining most of them time, which also made the steps on the bleachers super slippery... Yeah, I bet you can't guess who would be just clumsy enough to wipe out on those. If you guessed me, you are exactly right. It was pretty embarrassing. 

2.) I made a rather impulsive decision to drop my biology class. Looking back on it, it sure was a hasty decision, but I am so glad I did it! I feel so much more free and can now focus on doing well in my other classes.

3.) I have a B+ grade in Calculus! *astonished* I am still disappointed that I don't have an A, but I must say I thought my grade was way worse than a B+.

4.) My family came to see me! It made for an absolutely amazing weekend. My sweet grandfather took us shopping for awhile and they let me sleep in super late. They stocked up lots of snacks for me to eat at school (nuts, dried fruit, nectarines, chocolate, candy corn, granola, protein bars, beef jerky and other things too)! I love my family!

5.) I have discovered that the social life of a nerdy science-technology major consists primarily of study group sessions. I found a group of friends who are all just as nerdy as me (or waaaay worse). We got together to "study" Thursday night and somehow our conversations started out with derivatives (in calculus) and transitioned over into theology and then goofing off. It was a fun night. I also like it because some of the smarter students can explain things to me. *happy*

6.) My chemistry professor told us in class that he saved his first kiss for his wife and didn't kiss her until their wedding day. All the kids in class were in shock, which I found amusing.

Well, I have to go study for a chemistry test, which I have at 8:00 tomorrow morning. Pray for me! 

2 comments:

Kaley said...

Slippery bleachers are the best! I love them.

And my social life consist of lunch time basically. Fun stuff.

Well sounds like things are going pretty well.

Kelsey said...

No, they are NOT the best......

Well, I guess lunch time is exciting then. Lunch time is not exciting here at all. And the food is gross. I am used to eating healthy. Fried food and sugary food is not at all healthy. It's nasty and makes you fat and thus I am not happy.

Sorry, had to vent for a second.

But yeah, it's going pretty good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...