Because I am a firm believer in never posting twice in a day, this post was written yesterday but was scheduled to post automatically today - a day after it was written. So, technically, you are about to read about what happened yesterday.
So, today was a good day. Due to it being Labor Day, there were no classes (Praise the Lord!). I memorized almost half of the elements and the formulas for cations and anions after nearly five hours of effort, due to several interruptions. But they were good interruptions. The first interruption was my little brother Skyping me. The second interruption was a girl down the hall coming and talking to me for like an hour and a half. And the third interruption was a friend from CollegePlus Skyping me for about two hours. It was fun and I still got some studying accomplished through it all, which is good.
After that, I went outside to study some more. It felt like fall outside, which made it extra amazing. The campus is really pretty and around here in the city they actually cut their grass to where it's short and soft. Who would of thunk, right? Although I must say that I'm kind of confused because I haven't seen any cows around to eat it. I mean, isn't that how everyone cuts their grass? (grins)
After that I went to dinner with some friends and then walked with a girl who lives on my floor to the grocery store to buy some snacks. This is the first time in my life I have actually lived walking-distance to a store, so it was kind of weird. I miss the country. The girl I was with kept giving me a hard time about eating healthy, which was pretty hilarious.
Apparently it is weird to get peaches, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and nuts for a snack?
Hummm....
After I got back from the store, I went for a run and then sat under a tree to read my Bible, listen to my iPod, and study as the sun was going down. It was really nice... until it got really cold.
When it got cold, I came inside just in time for the hall pancake "breakfast" at 8 o' clock pm. Yeah, timing was kind of weird. I couldn't eat the pancakes since average people don't typically cook with spelt (I'm not supposed to eat gluten), so I drank a glass of chocolate milk instead and, I must say, it made me so very happy. Yes, folks, it's the little things that often make life beautiful! :)
Well, there's my day in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed the ramblings. I am now going to study some more... And perhaps practice a little piano.
3 comments:
I say 'good for you' for eating healthy! I stick to water and mini-pretzels for snacks, and I think I'm in the minority, too. :P
I'm glad you had such a great day yesterday! I'll continue to pray for you!
~Sierra (another CollegePlus! student)
www.leavingthedarkbehind.blogspot.com
Marian: *high five* Yay for eating healthy! I stick to water too.
Sierra: Thank you so much!
Post a Comment