Monday, September 5, 2011

Staying Focused

At church yesterday morning, the pastor preached on focusing on the Lord through the challenges of life and not being consumed by them. He talked about keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus at all times, remembering that this life is temporary - a pilgrimage - and that our ultimate destination and goal is Him. That's what we should live and breathe for in every aspect of life because none of the ridiculous, material things going on on Earth (and especially college) will matter as anything in eternity.

I seem to be told by everyone (including the book I am reading for my Essential Christianity class) that time with the Lord is just fine being fit into other tasks in the form of multitasking, say while you're working out or as you fall asleep at night, and that that is all that is necessary. But, the truth is, that is not half enough to keep me sane and focused as I should be. Sure, chapel services are awesome, church is great, praying during my runs is amazing, and praying as I fall asleep at night is good. I do that anyway without even thinking about it.

But it's like I need something more. I am still so off focus and stressed out. I know that if I do not get completely focused on the Lord, I will continue to have more melt-downs, go totally crazy, and forget why I am here in the first place.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Will be praying for you hun! Hope it gets better and I know what you mean about needing the block of time with the Lord, not just the multitasking times with Him =) If ya ever need to chat, you know where to find me! =)

MacMeister said...

Praying for you! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...