Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Awesomeness: Enchilada Soup and Enchiladas

Because there is basically nothing to do where I live and none of my friends live here anymore, I have taken to improving my cooking skills this summer for productive entertainment. Plus I'm payed to do it. One thing that helps tremendously is being slightly addicted to Pinterest. I have found so many awesome recipes!

A couple of days ago I made this enchilada soup. Because I didn't have any cream of chicken soup or enchilada sauce, I made both of them from scratch, which turned out to be amazing. I was proud of myself.



http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/soups/chicken-enchilada-soup/

Today I used the leftover soup to make enchiladas, which turned out even more amazing. It was definitely a hit. I mixed the leftover soup with some leftover cheese and rotel dip and added more chili powder, jalapenos, and chicken. I put this mixture inside of the enchiladas and then made more enchilada sauce (http://thisweekfordinner.com/2012/04/18/homemade-enchilada-sauce-red/) to top them. It was awesome.

Tomorrow I am thinking about making fried rice and sweet and sour chicken...



http://life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-with-fried.html

Yep, I do this for fun... lol

2 comments:

Kaley said...

I want some! Enchiladas are my favorite and it's been way to long since I've had any.

Kelsey said...

If you ever come to my house again (okay, that statement was depressing) we should make them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...