So... I know it's only July. And actually, where I live, the hottest part of summer hasn't even begun yet. But, either way, I'm super excited for the fall season. Why?
1.) It's by far the most beautiful season ever. It's true.
2.) I love the smell of fall. Have you noticed it has a smell? It really does.
3.) The air is crisp and cool.
4.) I can once again run at a decently fast pace and work on beating my records. I don't recommend beating any records in the heat and humidity where I live. It isn't an enjoyable experience.
5.) I can wear jeans, cute sweaters, and scarves!
6.) It's the perfect time to drink apple cider.
7.) Pumpkin bread. :) That thought makes me indescribably happy.
8.) Crunching leaves under your feet when you walk outside. Yes, I will go out of my way to do so too.
9.) That way the sun shines only in the fall. Do you know what I'm talking about? I can't explain it really, but it's different somehow. And I like it.
10.) Long walks outside.
11.) The white cotton field behind our house just before harvest. Yes, it's the little things that tend to make my day, it seems.
12.) Daylight savings time giving me a whole extra hour of sleep. It doesn't get much better than that, really.
13.) Thanksgiving
14.) Spending time with Jesus outside - reading my Bible, listening to worship music, journaling.
My blog title is "seasons". I thought I would fit the theme in the literal sense for once. After all, why not? However, in all seriousness, my anticipation for fall reminded me that every season of life has something beautiful and exciting to offer. All seasons have their pros and cons; I just have to decide what I will focus on and what I will do to make the most out of it. After all, each one has a unique, God-ordained purpose.
*image from http://miriadna.com/preview/986
1 comment:
I love fall as well! It is such a beautiful time of year with gold, red, and green leaves.
I also love the crisp air and being able to wear sweaters. :)
Post a Comment