Monday, August 22, 2011

Is It December Yet?

Is it bad that I am already counting down the days until Christmas?

Probably. Three months sounds like an eternity from where I'm sitting.

I can't wait for classes to start so I actually have a routine and can hopefully meet some people I actually have something in common with for once. So far I have met so many people I couldn't name most of them if I wanted to. It has been really cool talking to people from all different places and walks in life over meals and such, but I haven't found anyone I can actually "hang out" with. My roommate has found a girl she likes to hang out with, but I decided to stop trying to hang out with the two of them because I started having that fifth wheel feeling.

So now it's just me, a schedule, an ipod with ear-buds, anyone I happen to talk to, and my phone (very important). It's been kind of lonely and the activities for new students are kind of annoying at times. However, classes start Wednesday, so I am excited about that. I had my academic advising meeting with my adviser today and got my TI-Voyage calculator, which is pretty awesome. Don't ask me how to work it though because, so far, it looks like Greek.

Tonight a group of us are going to the mall and out to coffee, so I am sincerely hoping that is fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...